Sunday, March 25, 2018

Hola Mija

daddy!!!! 

its okay i need to work on procrastination too, maybe i will work on that in a few years too hahah maybe i get it from you! the temple here closes next month which means we probably dont get to go next transferm which i am sad about. i know i see the temple everyday because its right behind our church building a 3 minute walk from our house but its not the same as being able to go in and do an ordinance. we were able to walk through the visitors section of it the other day with one of our investigators and  it was cool to see her completely change while we were walking in it and as we left she even told us how the feeling she felt left as she walked out the doors. it was neat to see that even she could feel the difference between just being outside the temple and being in the temple!!! 

oh i have a question for you. we were talking about it in district meeting but none of my district could understand the meaning and they all know you are a seminary teacher so they wanted me to ask you what you think it means i think its in mark where christ talks about a dog eating the crumbs off the floor. do you know what he means by that? 

mom told me you were sick again???? why do you get sick so much?!?!? ill finish school really fast so i can make sure you dont get sick anymore haha 

have a great week back at school!!! 

love you so much
hemenway 자매

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 3:30 AM, Greg Hemenway <HemenwayGM@ldschurch.org> wrote:
Hello my sweet daughter,
Well, school starts up again tomorrow.  The break went by way to fast!!!  I always have such grand plans of things that I think I will have time for during the break and it just doesn’t happen.  I made a list in my office of things that I HAD to get done and got through most of those, but not the things that I was hoping to get done.  We have this Friday off from school also so hopefully I will have some time to finish some things up.  As I get older I realize how much procrastination can ruin you if you don’t fix it.  I have decided that in a few years I will work on not procrastinating so much!!!
The temple has been closed for the last 2 weeks also (they close twice a year for 2 weeks while they do routine maintenance and cleaning).  It will be nice to be back in the temple this week.  I always miss it when I don’t get to go.  I started doing more of my family history again this week.  It is amazing to me how I will go months sometimes without finding anyone and then all of a sudden find entire families that need their work done.   I had to turn over all of the names that I had to the temple because I had way more than I could do on my own so I am starting fresh with people that I can start doing work for. 
We finally painted the window trim that we put up.  now we are trying to decide what colors to paint the walls.  We have painted squares of color a few times but can’t find a color that we really like.  The windows look so different just with the white paint, but it really needs something around it.  The walls were painted with a flat paint that need to be repainted (you can’t clean flat paint and that doesn’t really work when you have grandkids).  I am not sure why the builder decided to paint everywhere (except the kitchen and bathroom) with flat paint.  He told us that everyone just reprints anyway so it doesn’t matter, but we had planned to keep it white so it would have been better for us if they would have just done it right the first time.  Oh well!!!!
I am still in Alma reading about the missionary travels.  I am always inspired by how much they are willing to do simply because they have developed a love for the people.  Even those that have been bad to them (thrown them in prison, etc) they still try to help them.  I think that is probably the gift of the spirit that I need the most when I serve in any calling - just the ability to love those that Iam serving.  I know as bishop I would get an overwhelming love for those that were coming in to repent of things.  I knew they could be forgiven because I could feel how Heavnly Father felt about them.  If we could just see everyone through those eyes it would make our interactions with people so much different.  We would try and talk with everyone about the gospel - not out of duty, but because we honestly cared about them and wanted them to return and live with Heavenly Father again.  
Well, I love you!!!!  I hope you have a great week!!
Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week Pictures

 Sister Hemenway, Sister Taylor, Sister Ha   Last time with President and Sister Taylor before leaving for the airp...