Monday, December 4, 2017

December Already



i know its crazy how fast time goes! i forget that its winter time (well till i go outside haha) in my head i think it should still be the summer!
i cant wait to see everything you guys do to the house, but lets be real dad, it wont get all done by the time i get home haha you guys like starting 10 projects at the same time!
but im glad you are getting better, getting sick and then staying sick is the worst, im hoping not to get sick on my mission because i think that would really stink!
anxiety isnt fun but i havent really had it since the elders gave me a blessing but at least now if i get it then i will know a little more how to handle it better!
sorry this email is so short i dont really have a lot of time!
but i love you soooooo much!
Love you favorite daughter
sister hemenway

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 7:35 AM, Greg Hemenway <HemenwayGM@ldschurch.org> wrote:
Hello sweetie pie,
December is here!!!  That means you are about 1/3 of the way through your mission!!!  Sometimes it feels like it is flying by, but other times it feels like it is creeping by so slowly.  I guess that is how my own mission felt too.  At the beginning, it felt like it was never going to end, but then all of a sudden it was over and I didn’t feel like I was ready for it to be over.  I suppose that is the way all of life is and why we should never waste away our time.  As I get older it gets harder to postpone things because it feels like I never have time to get done what needs to get done.  That is funny since I am really not as busy as I used to be, but I just don’t feel like I can ever say “I will do it when I get the time.”  If I don’t decide to get it done now, I just isn’t going to get done!!
I am sorry that you are starting to feel anxiety.  It does make it a little easier once you know what it is, but it doesn’t make it any fun!!  I remember when I first began to feel it and had no idea what was happening.  I really thought it was just something that I would feel for the rest of my life.  I still feel it at times , but I don’t feel it as often as I used to and it isn’t as severe as it used to be.  Part of it comes with stress (which is why it has decreased a lot since I was released as bishop) but sometimes it just hits and I can’t explain why.  It is like my stress has built up and then sends me over the edge when it wants to.  It stresses mom out because she wants to know what is causing it each time so we can control it, but there are times when it just seems to hit for no reason at all.  Think of me when you are going through it the worst and know that it does get better as you learn to keep it under control. 
I am finally starting to feel better, but I am sleeping a ton!!  I have tried to go to bed by about 8 every night.  The problem comes because when I am feeling the worst and have a hard time sleeping, I can’t sleep at all and then I get worse.  I hardly slept at all last night but since we had Jordyn’s (Logon’s) baby blessing this morning we all came home and crashed since.  I don’t feel awful today, but I plan to go to sleep early again as often as I can this week.  I want to make sure I get rid of it for good and can actually just hang out for Christmas break rather than trying to regain my health by then.  I know that I am such a baby when I am not feeling good.  Your mom always takes good care of me.  I feel bad because when she is sick she just keeps on going without whining at all.  She really does never complain… just remember it is me that you will be saying that for at my funeral!!
Well, I will let you go.  I didn’t do much this week since it seemed like I was either at work or asleep!!  I did finally put the recessed lights up in the family room.  We bought them a few months ago, but it takes a bit of time to do it and I have never done it before so I kept putting it off.  I can’t believe the difference it made in that room.  It has always been so dark, but now it is so bright and cheery.  It made the room look bigger.  When Jennie got home yesterday it took her a minute to figure out what was different.  She said that she knew we had done something but couldn’t figure out what it was – just our house looked like we were richer.  She thought maybe we had moved things around and took stuff out to make the room look bigger, but then she noticed the lights (it only took her about 30 seconds to figure it out, but she didn’t know that we were doing it).  I am super sore today from crawling around the attic trying to get everything in there without stepping on anything except the trusses.  I have scrapes, cuts, and bruises all over, but it is mostly just muscle issues from bending and stretching in ways that aren’t really normal!!  It does look good though!!!  It makes me excited to start working on other projects on the house.  Hopefully we do it quicker than our last house and we are done with them before you get home!!!
Anyhow….
I love you Sister Hemenway!!!
Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week Pictures

 Sister Hemenway, Sister Taylor, Sister Ha   Last time with President and Sister Taylor before leaving for the airp...