Sunday, August 5, 2018

Letter between father and daughter

Hello my sweet Alyssa Loubadoo
I don’t have much to tell you because I wasn’t sick or injured or nothing this week and it seems like every week that is what I am telling you about.  I will work on it for this week though!!!  I am getting excited for institute to officially start.  It will be nice to have students again.  I really have no idea what to expect since most of the students just show up the first couple of days to sign up.  I have a few kids in each class that have pre-registered, but I won’t know how many in the others until later.  It will be an adventure for sure!!!
Have you decided what to do for your release.  If there are things that you want us looking into for you let us know.  Anything we can do we will so that you can stay focused.  We can look up job opportunities, school stuff, or whatever you need.  We are so proud of all that you are doing and how much you have just trusted the Lord from the beginning - even when you didn’t want to.  I still remember that phone call when you told me that you were supposed to go on a mission but you didn’t want to.  Look how things have gone since then.  I know that sometimes it is hard to see why the Lord wants us to do things because it doesn’t seem like it will work with our plans, but we will never regret the path that he takes us down.  We may not understand it for a while, but there always comes a time when we will look at it and be EXTREMELY grateful that we made the decision to follow Him!!!
Well, I have to go do some things for my calling.  Sorry this is so short!  I love you so much and am so proud of you.
Love,
Dad

hello my sweet daddy! 

yeah i am sure institute will be so different then seminary! i am so excited for you!!!

im still not a 100% sure but i think i will go till the end of my mission, my original date. when i think of ASU i think of a lot of stress and then that makes it harder to focus on the work, so i feel like if i dint have to worry about applying or worrying about classes then i can be more of the missionary that i need to be rather then the trunkie stressed out missionary that i will probably turn in to if i take that route! we had a dinner with members the other day and i talked to them about it and they gave me alot of good advice, so i think that i will trust the lord that he will have better plans for me and hopefully i can figure that all out near the end! 

haha i remember that phone conversation too, but honestly i am so glad that you gave me the advice you did and encouraged me to come, this is an experience that i would never trade for anything. before my mission someone told me that you would never regret serving a mission you would only regret not serving, and i think that is so true. i have learned and seen so many things that i dont think would have ever been possible had i not come! so thank you so much!! 

well i love you so much and hope you have another week with no sicknesses hehe
love
Hemenway 자매

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week Pictures

 Sister Hemenway, Sister Taylor, Sister Ha   Last time with President and Sister Taylor before leaving for the airp...