Monday, February 12, 2018

Happy V-day

you guys are a mess!!! someone is always sick! hopefully you guys get better soon being sick is not fun! maybe you guys are all getting sick for me because while all the missionaries have been getting sick i have some how avoided it even when its the missionaires around me that are sick, so maybe you are all taking it for me so thank you i guess haha 

moms going to be so great! do you know when your ward is going to split, or do you still not know? 

we always seem to read the same scriptures because thats the ones i have read this week. its always a good reminder that we need to always follow the commandments and the right not just when its convenient. because the nephites will do really well for a little bit but then fall for worldly things and then the lamanties will attack and they will be killed but then they humble themselves and defeat them, then they cycle goes on and on. so we need to always make sure we are choosing the right so we dont need to have those moments where we are defeated but can always have those moments where the lord is on our side! 

love you so much and hope you have a great week!
love your favorite daughter
hemenway자매

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 8:50 AM, Greg Hemenway <HemenwayGM@ldschurch.org> wrote:
Hello my darling child!!!
Your family is a mess.  I am sure mom has told you all of the illness flowing through the house (literally flowing in some cases).  I was telling brother Bates on Friday that I felt bad that my family has been so sick and I have felt better this week than I have in a really long time.  I guess I shouldn’t have said anything.  I am feeling much better, just really tired and afraid to eat much.  I should be fine for work tomorrow.  This is Valentines week so I have to be good enough to show “the Phone Call” on Wednesday.  I don’t know why I like that one so much but it just cracks me up.
I didn’t dare go to church today in case I am still contagious but I really wanted to be there for mom being sustained.  I am going to go to her “new beginnings” tonight since she is speaking.  She is so nervous.  She will do a great job.  I sort of wish that her first day of her calling wasn’t jam packed with assignments.  She has been taking care of stuff all morning and will be at the church until after New Beginnings tonight because of other meetings and getting stuff set up.  Things will settle down a bit when the ward finally splits.  Technically she will be automatically released, but even if they call her back in the ward will be much smaller and there are not as many problems on our side of the neighborhood.  It will be good for her, but I feel so bad for her because I know how she is feeling.  It is so hard when you feel so overwhelmed like there is no way to get everything done and that you are failing at your assignment.  I know that is normal to feel, but it doesn’t make it any easier when you are feeling it.  She was always so good at supporting me when I was going through it and now I have to make sure I can do it for her.  She has such a heart of gold!!!!!
We started the war chapters in seminary this week.  They are always such a good reminder to make sure we are doing everything we can to prepare ourselves.  I was struck with the number of times that the Lamanites don’t even come to battle because they see how well prepared the Nephites are.  I wonder how many struggles we avoid simply because we are doing everything we can to prepare ourselves before the struggles come.  I don’t know the answer to that, but it does seem like we probably avoid some of them (or don’t even notice them when they do come).  
Well, I love you.  I am so proud of all that you are doing.  We thought of you a lot with the olympics starting up.  We would all yell “there’s Alyssa” periodically during parts of the opening ceremonies.  I hope you have a great Week!!!!
Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week Pictures

 Sister Hemenway, Sister Taylor, Sister Ha   Last time with President and Sister Taylor before leaving for the airp...