Sunday, October 15, 2017

Dear Sister Lou

the cabin sounds like it was a lot of fun, i have loved seeing all the pictures from it. im sure it was nice to have a nice little break for two days! 
yeah simplifying things is so much better! i have thought about the quote "if youre to busy to pray or read your scriptures then you are busier then god intend you to be" i have thought about that a lot with our investigators. in Korea everyone is so busy so they always have an excuse on why they cant come to church or to pray or to read the scriptures but God doest want you that busy! and i have really learned that simple is good! we are told all the time to keep our lessons really simple, so thats been fun to learn. when i teach in english i see myself making things complicated and they dont quite understand everything. i think maybe thats why i was called korean speaking because then im forced to keep things simple because i dont know how to say that much. but the more simple it is the more they understand! 
i hope you have a great week!! love you so much!
love
Sister hemenway

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 5:02 AM, Greg Hemenway <HemenwayGM@ldschurch.org> wrote:
Hello my sweet darling Loubadou,
It has been a great week.  We got to go up to the cabin Sunday night so we could get to know brother Bates and his family.  I think they had fun.  They said they have never really ever been camping together and so don't really do a lot of outdoors stuff.  I know it is hard when the kids are young to be able to do stuff like that without the equipment.I am glad we got to do a lot of that kind of stuff in Wyoming with you kids.  That was so much fun always.  It has been fun having the cabin too, but we always got to do so much on our own schedule when we had the trailer there.  We have talked about getting another one some day or getting a cabin or something someday so that we can do stuff like that again with all of you and the your kids.  We will see what life brings!!

We had stake conference today.  I feel bad because when all of the announcements were made they didnt talk about doing a priesthood leadership meeting (which they usually do).  We checked all of the announcements and they didn't have it, but they had decided to do a  youth meeting (which they usually dont do).  We figured they must have decide to do they youth meeting instead.  This morning they were talking about things that were taught in the meeting so I guess they had one... OOOPS.  

We are still trying to get caught up on conference.  We watched some more last night.  The talks are always so good.  I can't believe people miss those on purpose.  I guess that used to be me when I was younger.  I always walk away with things that I need to work on.  I suppose that Satan would really try to make sure that we weren't going to watch if it would keep us from getting better.  We did find out that last year when president monson gave his talks about reading the Book of Mormon and charity he had talked with the leaders before conference about teaching the members to simplify their lives.  The area 70 that spoke today told us that.  He said we weren't supposed to sit around and be lazy, but that we should quit trying to do so much and just simplify things.  So that is what we are going to work on!!!! We will see how it goes!!!

Well I love you.  I hope that you have a great week!!!!!!!
Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week Pictures

 Sister Hemenway, Sister Taylor, Sister Ha   Last time with President and Sister Taylor before leaving for the airp...