Sunday, October 1, 2017

Conference

daddy!! 
im sorry about conference, but atleast you can watch it later! im so excited to watch it this week, i love conference so much! i heard Elder Hale, passed away saturday! 
and its really true about how Satan works extra hard on the ones he knows can do great things, which only brings them down even more. i have seen that a lot here, and it is true about when people are getting closer to baptsm, he really starts to tare them down. its so sad because i cant do much about it but try and keep encouraging them, which i guess the same is for you and your student. dont give up on him because you never know what he will end up doing in his life. maybe he just needs one person to believe that he can do it! and that person can be you!
I think its interesting that while we teach the lessons, we are supposed to bring up enduring to the end in two different lessons. i think that shows how important that is. in korean in translate to until the end, endure. it makes me  realize that yeah this life will be hard, but in the end it will be worth it. one thing we like to emphazie while teaching it one of the quotes in Preach my Gospel i think by president hinckley about how in this life we are supposed to have joy. and then i think Elder holland said lifes not about the destination its about the journey. its been something ive really had to learn because missions are hard but even though its hard its important to find joy.
i do hope one day i can find someone that treats me like you treat mom. in korea they dont have those relationships like you guys. the men dont really help in the household. and i really think thats sad, so i really want a good relationship with someone who wants to help!
i love you so much dad, i hope you enjoy utah and being with your family! 
love you
Sister Hemenway 

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 3:52 AM, Greg Hemenway <HemenwayGM@ldschurch.org> wrote:
Well, I have to admit this has been the most "not so good conference" in a long time.  Not because the talks have been bad, but I always look forward to the saturday session and with everything happening for Kim we hardly go any of the saturday sessions.  We will listen to it on our drive home, but I am a little bummed about it.  I suppose we will still get it and I shouldn't be a whiner, but... I am so good at being a whiner and sometimes like to display my great abilities there (but you will still need to say "I never heard my dad complain" at my funeral though)!!!

It was a good week at the seminary.  We had a half day on Wednesday so I was a little worried that the kids will be pretty shut down for the week since fall break was going to begin. They stayed pretty focused.  Even my student that got kicked out of class last week was on task most of the week.  I sent an email home to his mom to tell him about how good he was doing and she thanked me the next day.  I guess he had gotten in trouble a couple of weeks ago and was chastised severely that night by someone and he felt like he was such a loser.  She had just gotten my email and so shared with him about good he does when he decides to be focused.  It is sad because he really is a good kid, but is just very immature and doesn't know where to draw the line on things.  I know that satan will work on him because he is such a leader even now.  If he can keep him from reaching his potential it will damage the work.  I just feel bad for him because he has a hard time winning the battle.  

One of the talks today in conference was about how we don't always see all the information to make judgements on people.  I have found that a lot of times when people have such a tough time keeping commandments it is not always because they are just bad people.  Sometimes it is just that Satan works extra hard on them because they are such good people.  When you consider in the scriptures how often there are pretty bad people that become great when they figure things out (Saul, both Almas, the sons of mosiah, etc.). Sometimes we have to remember that for ourselves.  Just because we have struggles doesn't define who we are.  We just have to remember that we can overcome anything because of what Christ did.  It usually doesn't happen as quickly as we want, but if we keep working on it it will happen.  I taught 2 Nephi 31 this week that talks about enduring to the end.  That word in Latin means to harden.  Sometimes we feel like we are just supposed to suffer through life, but we are really supposed to keep working and become ingrained hardened (or strengthened).  Happiness is intended as we live our lives, not just something that is promised in the next.  I think that is why I love your mom so much - She helps me find happiness in EVERYTHING and helps me work through things too.  She does for me exactly what the Lord promises as we try to stay faithful.  You find someone (after you get home) that does that for you.  We will hopefully find him for you while you are home and let you know who he is -- something for you to look forward to!!

Well, that is a good place to end!!! I love you!!!
 Love, 
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week Pictures

 Sister Hemenway, Sister Taylor, Sister Ha   Last time with President and Sister Taylor before leaving for the airp...