Sunday, September 10, 2017

Hello from the cabin

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST DAD IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!!!
dang i feel like you always have super busy weeks now! but thats fun the you got to go to california, even if it was just for work. but thats even more fun you get to go to the cabin and sleep. i think thats something i miss the most is being able to sleep in or take naps. sometimes instead of eating dinner we take naps cause we are so tired. but on the bright side i never have trouble falling asleep at night! 
i have really learned that lesson a lot the past few months because sometimes i think the lord will just step in and help me with korean but then i realize that i hadnt put my whole heart into it and i could havetried a little harder and when i do that then i realize the lord helps me. its weird how that happens but it helps me be a whole lot more humble. i have felt your guys love a lot this week and after seeing some families i have been extremly grateful for the family i have been blessed with and the life i have been given, i really have been blessed so much its crazy! sorry this is another short email but just know that i love you sooooooo much and pray for you guys all the time and i hope you guys can feel my love! Have the best day ever and enjoy your trip!!!! 
love
your favorite daughter
sister hemenway 

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 2:13 AM, Greg Hemenway <HemenwayGM@ldschurch.org> wrote:
Hello sweet sister Hemenway,
Mom and I are spending my birthday weekend here at the cabin and it has been so nice.  We have both been so tired.  We almost feel bad since we haven't really done much but sleep.  We have been getting up about 9 and taking long naps during the day.  We have walked down to the road and sat down by the creek a bit, but most of our time has been doing absolutely nothing and it has been great!!!!
I spent much of the week in California at my meetings.  I think that is why I am so tired.  Our meetings started at 7 every morning and we usually got back to the hotel around 10.  The meetings were very good though.  There were only 12 of us involved and we came from areas around arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada and New Mexico.  It was mainly training on how we help teachers to get better at helping the students.  We spent a bit of time in Alma going through the scriptures about all the things he did to prepare his people for battle.  It was interesting to see all that he did himself (everything in his own power) and yet how much he trusted the Lord to help.  I think it is important always to understand that even when we rely on the Lord we still need to do everything we can on our own.  That is when the real miracles will happen.  Too often we either just work really hard or we turn to the Lord expecting him to take care of everything because we consider ourselves to have such great faith.  I know the Lord doesn't really need my help to do his work, but he does know that I need to grow from doing it.  That is why he lets me struggle before the miracles happen.  I have seen a lot of miracles in my life and they always seem to happen after my biggest struggles.  Whenever you are going through your hardest times, that is when you need to pull on your boots and work your  butt off because the Lord is about to do something amazing!!!!
It was really weird only teaching one day this last week though.  I was only in town less than 24 hours because I taught my classes and then mom and I left to come here!!  Did I mention how much sleep we have had here????  That is probably not something that I should be telling to a missionary since I know how tiring the work is on the mission!!

Well, I love you Alyssa and am so proud of you.  When I was saying my prayers on Wednesday night (so it would have been early afternoon on Thursday for you) I prayed so hard that the Lord would let you know how much I love you.  I wanted him to send that message to you right then, but I know his timing isn't always the same as mine!!  I hope you have the best week this week!!!
Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week Pictures

 Sister Hemenway, Sister Taylor, Sister Ha   Last time with President and Sister Taylor before leaving for the airp...