Sunday, July 22, 2018

summer

thought i would share letters between dad and daughter

Wow, I finally feel like it is Summer.  Institute ended on Thursday and we don’t start up again until the 16th of August.  It is weird that most of the schools start this week and I am feeling like I finally ave a bit of a break.  Mom and I are going to take her parents to the cabin this weekend (Friday through Monday) since we have some time.  We were going to go by ourselves but thought we should give them a chance to go up.  Then we can help him get some things done up there if he wants.  I know I have told you this before, but I am so grateful for your mom.  I can’t believe how lucky I am to be married to her for eternity.  I love to spend time with her.  I think the way the world looks at marriage and relationships is so sad because of what we have.  We have such a great family!!!
Hunter sounds like he is doing good.  He already had someone from his district that left (just walked away without telling any one).  He will be such a good missionary but I feel his stress right here at the beginning (as I am sure you do too).  I was talking to Jennie the other day about how lucky mom and I are to have all of you kids.  I thought that being a parent was hard and we have the best kids ever.  People would always talk to us about how good you all are and always such a good example to their kids.  I don’t know what we would have done if any of you had been rebellious.  Probably just beat you or something.  All of you have such different personalities and different strengths and weaknesses and yet there is such a goodness about you.  You should consider it a HUGE compliment that all of the kids consider you the favorite child.  I know we kid about that, but they all see you as their favorite and think that you should be ours because of who you are and the way that you treat each of them.  Alyssa you truly are such a good leader because of the way that you treat everyone.  Usually you wouldn’t see that in yourself, but it is very easy to see just watching you.  You have the ability to touch people that others can’t because of that.  Thanks for being such a good example of what it means to be a child of God and for seeing others through that lens.  In Moroni 7 it talks about how the greatest Christlike characteristic is charity - that is one of your greatest strengths.  Always remember that when you are going through struggles (cuz you will).  Remember that Christ had that more than anyone and he still had more struggles than anyone - but because of Him, we will all be able to come back.  Do you realize that there will be MANY people that make it because of you?  You will touch so many people throughout your life that will be make it back because of you.  Your mission now is just a training ground for the rest of your life.  Keep developing those skills and the Lord will be able to use you to do great things.  I am so proud of you and love you soooooooo much!!!
Love,
Dad
 
 Daddy! 

im so glad you get the chance to go up to the cabin again, that will be so fun!! 

actaully this week i wanted to thank you for the example you and mom have shown me my whole life, i had some investigator tell me the other day that her husband will retire soon and she is so sad because that means she has to spend more time with him since she doesnt work either. she told me that people in korea hate retirement because husbands and wifes have to spend so much time together and they end up fighting a lot and hating each other. and to be honest that broke my heart because thats not what should happen! she asked me if that happens in america and i said i am sure it does but not in my family. i told her that my parents are so excited for retirement to spend all their time together and she was so shocked. so thank you for that example of showing me how much mom means to you and for the example you have shown me what a truly good father is, i dont think i could have made it through this far without you and mom by my side! you are the best!!! 

honestly i dont know why i am the favorite but i sure do love all of them hahah , i hope they know that! when people ask me what my favorite thing to do was before my mission i always tell them spending time with my family and they are always suprised haha i hope i have helped them all some way or another and i hope me serving a mission has helped them all at least a little bit, i really do pray for each of them everyday, and you too!!!! i cant wait to spend all my time with all of you when i get home!!!! i love you so much dad i hope you know that!!!!!!! and the funny thing is on my mission i have felt like one of the attributes i need to work on is charity and love so thank you for helping me see that i am not as bad at it as i think i am! but i will keep trying to develop it more to be a better tool in the hands of the lord~! 

love you so much
Hemenway 자매

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week Pictures

 Sister Hemenway, Sister Taylor, Sister Ha   Last time with President and Sister Taylor before leaving for the airp...