Sunday, July 15, 2018

Hello My Darling

Daddy! 

i think hunters email reminded me a lot of my first week in the MTC, so i think he will be just fine as long as he keeps with his idea of finding reasons to laugh, because missionary work is hard but you can still have fun doing it or he will hate it hahah 
thats a really cool topic, i should study that, i have never really studied the covenants we have made and will make i have only studied them lightly because when we teach them to people we cant go deep so i havent really taken the time to study them more, i will try that this week because i think the more we know just how important they are and all the blessing we will receive i think will help us try to be the best person we can be and to always remember them, because honestly even as a missionary i dont always remember them! i am also grateful for the gospel, being in korea has really shown me the need for the restored gospel, i feel like when i look around and see all the different churches and neon signs that that was a little like what Joseph smith felt. that it is only through our church that you will find eternal happiness, something i will be eternally grateful for! 

i hope i have been able to help hunter in some way, at least to help him develop a love for the Asian people, because they really are the best people! i have met so many phillipinos and all of them have been the nicest so i think he will love them just as much as i love koreans haha

love you so much
Hemenway 자매 

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 3:31 AM, Greg Hemenway <HemenwayGM@ldschurch.org> wrote:
Dear Alyssa,
It was a good week for us this week.  My face still hurts, but it isn’t nearly like it was.  I haven’t had to take ibuprofen for a couple of days now and I can eat solid foods again as long as I don’t have to open my mouth too wide.  I got to work for 3 days this week (the first 2 I was still in a lot of pain and couldn’t really focus because of all the meds).  It was probably good since it was Hunter’s last couple of days.  He looked excited and scared to go -you know what that is like!!!  He will be such a good missionary.
I am just getting ready to speak in one of the wards for High Council Sunday.  My topic is on understanding our covenants.  I have had a hard time getting it ready because there is so much you can do with it.  The more I study it, the more I realize how much we tend to focus on all the things that WE have to do as our part and we forget all the things that HE is doing for us.  His part of the covenant is always so much more significant than ours and yet we always feel like it is so hard to keep all of the rules/commandments.  The scriptures are full of examples about how the blessings always outweigh the requirements and it is easy to look back at our lives and see when that has been the case, but looking forward we still complain about all the things that we have to do.  I am so grateful for the knowledge that we have of the gospel.  The longer I live the more certain I am about the importance of living it.  I really don’t know where I would be without that blessing in my life.  We are so  lucky to have it so early on!!! 
Well, I need to leave for the other ward - just know that I love you and am grateful for all that you do.  I really think that your serving in Korea had helped Hunter to know that everything will be ok for him in the phillipines.  Thanks for being such a good example to him and to us.
Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week Pictures

 Sister Hemenway, Sister Taylor, Sister Ha   Last time with President and Sister Taylor before leaving for the airp...