HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!!!!!
yeah i am really upset we cant call for fathers day either but we
made you a cute video that i hope will send fine so you can see it! i
love you so much and am so incredibly thankful for you, i know i say
that a lot but i hope you know how much i mean
that. not everybody gets to have their dad as their best friend! thank
you for your example and for the testimony that you have and live. this
past week me and sister hansen have talked a lot about how important it
is for us to not only say we have a testimony
but to live our life so others can see our testimony without having to
share it. and i think you are a great example of that, so thank you! i
wish i could give you a big hug, that is something i miss the most is
big hugs from my daddy!!!
its funny that you talked about that because that is something we
talked in zone conference, our mission president challenged us to
improve everything little thing by 1% like our scripture study, our
prayers, our exercises in the morning, our journal writing.
as you improve just the little things that will have a huge impact on
the big things as well!!!! so that is something i have been working on!
love you so much and i hope you have the best fathers day ever!!!!!!!!!!
love your favorite daughter
hemenway 자매
On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 4:08 AM, Greg Hemenway <HemenwayGM@ldschurch.org> wrote:
I think that it is unfair that you don’t get
to call for Father’s Day!!!! Oh well!!! It was such a good week for
me. it was long and I spent most of it sitting in meetings, but I came
away with a lot of stuff that I want to work
on. Elder Kim B. Clark is our commisioner in CES and he has spent the
last couple of years talking about what he calls “Deep Learning.” As an
area council we have really focused on what it means (and honestly I
have had a hard time figuring it ou). I understand
that when the spirit is present that learning takes place on a far
deeper level, but our focus has been on what little changes need to
happen in our lives that will take us beyond just having a good
experience in the classroom. This may be over-simplifying
it a bit, but students need to come away with an “effective, righteous
action” that will help them to become more like their Heavenly Father.
We always have times where we leave a meeting thinking that we need to
do better but the focus is on helping students
identify specific things that will help them to put it into action. We
aren’t supposed to tell student what to do, but to help them know how
to identify things for themselves. That is why meetings were so good -
as we practiced it with each other in the
meetings, I was constantly having impressions on little things that I
needed to do that would help me get more focused and develop in ways
that would bring me closer to the Lord. I have already acted on a few
of those promptings and have already seen a difference
in things. It is amazing to me how much little things (things that
aren’t even bad) can make such a difference. Elder Clark gave a talk a
few years ago about deciding what things we need to stop doing and what
we needed to start doing. I made the decision
then that I would do that, but I never really did much with it. Now it
is focused on really having the Lord help us to decide specific little
things we could change and it has made all the difference for me.
My calling is changing today. Last week at
seminary graduation the stake president asked to meet with me and mom.
We met with the whole stake presidency and the way the interview started
i thought that i might be called as the new
Bishop (because that was the same process that happened the last time -
mom said she was thinking the exact thing) and I sort of panicked. It
was nice because mom and I both got the feeling that if that is what the
Lord wanted we would be OK with it and felt
at peace. Then they asked me to be in the stake young men’s presidency
and on the high council and we both took a deep breath of relief. I
was glad to have the experience of thinking it was as bishop again and
finding peace with it thought. It helped me
to realize that I really am willing to do what the Lord wants. I know
that I complain and struggle with things at times, but I really do want
to do whatever the lord needs to help in this amazing work that we are
involved in. Alyssa - The gospel really is
true. The gospel has been restored to the earth and we are a part of
taking it to the world to prepare people for the coming of Christ. It
is not about us, it is about helping people to make it back to their
Heavenly Father. We all made decisions in premortal
life about coming back and we get to help people to remember those
commitments and help them to find their way home. That is an amazing
thing that Heavenly Father has trusted us with. Never forget that this
is His work. It will be frustrating to us at times,
but he is looking at things from and eternal perspective and sometimes
the things that we see as failures are, to Him, just a step in helping
people understand who they really are. I have come to understand that
their really aren’t failures in the things
that we are doing, just steps. As long as we are willing to do what we
are asked, the Lords work will progress - even if we aren’t seeing how.
Well I have ramble on enough. I love you so much and am so proud of you and who you are!!!
Love,
Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment