Daddy!
my new area is great! really different then my last but thats okay!
my last area had a lot of people learning english but not progressing
in the gospel, this area seems to have a lot of people learning english
but still progressing in the church, which
is super nice! in my last area i hated teaching english because i just
felt like they were using the church, but here i have liked it because
they are trying to learning about other things as well! so thats been a
nice change.
im so sad that President monson passed away, but i know he did
great things while on earth so i know heavenly father wil gladly weclome
him home. i feel sorry for presdient nelson because he is probably
stressing out right now! we actually had a cool experience
this past week with that. one of the investigators here has a baptismal
date, and in her record it mentioned that she was struggling with the
prophet because she didnt know him so we thought now was a good time to
teach her about the new prophet, so we watched
presdient nelsons talk with her about the book of mornon, the last talk
he gave in conference. and afterward she looked like she was going to
cry. she said that the whole time he was talking she felt like he was
talking to her. she said she hadnt ever really
thought how important that book of mormon was until that moment. she
told us she if going to start reading it everyday! so we were super
excited!!!
im excited for you to get your student back i remember how bored
you said you get without them there! haha i hope all of them stay
focused, that was always hard after breaks~
well i love you sooo much!!!!!
Love you favorite daughter
Hemenway 자매
On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 3:07 AM, Greg Hemenway <HemenwayGM@ldschurch.org> wrote:
Hello sister Hemenway,
So what do you think of your new area. I
was always scared to death with each transfer. I feel like I go from
knowing people really well to all of a sudden knowing nobody at all. It
always felt like I would never get to know the
area or the people, but it doesn’t take long. We are excited to hear
about all of your new experiences. I have been reading in the beginning
of Alma where Alma has given up being chief judge and just goes from
city to city to preach the gospel. Last night
I was reading in chapter 7 where he goes to a city that is already
pretty righteous and his experience with them is much different than the
last city. That is the chapter where he teaches a lot of the atonement
and why Christ did for us what he did. They
were ready for more so they got more. I thought about my mission and
why things were so different from one area to the other even though the
culture was the same. Each area has its own personality and a lot of it
depends on how ready they are for the gospel.
We had some areas where we spent a lot of time teaching, other areas
where we did most of our work with less active members, and one where we
seemed to spend all of our time tracting. Spend some time with the Lord
figuring out what each area needs the most
and then work your tail off. The ward and stake leaders will give some
direction on what is needed in each area and so follow their lead as
well as that of your mission president. You will find that later on
little things will remind you of each of your
areas. Smells, sights, etc will bring back all sorts of memories from a
specific place. That is something that will probably be different for
you than me since you are in a completely different culture, but the
principle will probably be the same. Just
know that sometimes things that work well in one area may not be the
best thing for another area.
I am looking forward to having students
again tomorrow. I thought we would spend time tomorrow helping them
understand about what happens now that president Monson passed away.
Most of them would have been too young to remember
when president Hinkley passed away. We hometeach a new convert who is
coming over today with questions about it. I will go through the same
lesson with her (and the family). This is the first time she has been
willing to talk with us in a few months so
we are excited. We will see if she comes. She is planning to come
home with us from church so we will see if she comes today. I hope so.
Well, I will let you get back to your day. I love you and hope you have a great week!!!
love,
Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment