Daddy!
im so happy for you and your new bike, but you better be careful,
and same with hunter because my first day in korea i saw a guy die from a
motorcycle accident!
i actually just read that story this week. as a mission my mission
president is having all of us read the whole book of mormon and circle
everytime it says heart. i love that story because it shows how much of a
difference one person can make! one of my
companions goes home next transfer so she was feeling sad about her
mission because she felt that she didnt do enough, but all i could tell
her is that she did enough because as long as she touched one persons
life thats enough, even if it was some one who
is already a member. and she asked me how i know that she has so i was
able to tell her that she has touched my life so i know she has for
others. you might not always see the people you influence but heavenly
father knows, so i shared with her grandmas story
from one of your students.
i didnt know about mom, thats really cool! that shows that we
really need to watch what we do to because even if someone we teach isnt
progressing by still loving them and helping them might not only help
them but those around them!
sorry this email might not make sense haha but i love you so much!
Love
Sister Hemenway
On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 2:15 AM, Greg Hemenway <HemenwayGM@ldschurch.org> wrote:
Yes, your little brother is officially and
adult — so weird. I think mom already told you he finished his Eagle
(finally) so he got the motorcycle. Even though I think he wishes now
that he would have finished a long time ago it
really worked out much better for him. Mom and I put some money into
it also so that I will just get it when he leaves on his mission. It
worked out good for both of us. He got a much better bike and I got a
great bike with much less money. Anyhow - he
had a perma-grin on his face as he rode it around the block over and
over. He can’t ride it more than that until he gets his license (which
he is planning to do at the end of the week).
I have been studying still in the book of
Mosiah about Abinadi and all the stuff that happened to him and the
people around him after he is killed. It is sort of sad to think that
he goes to his death thinking that he has done nothing
except deliver the message the lord told him to. He had no success
except for one man, Alma, that stands up for him and then is killed (he
isn’t really killed, but all that Abinadi sees is him stand up for him
and then king Noah ordering the guards to go
after him and kill him). What is interesting about that is that all
the rest of the Book of Mormon is written by Alma’s descendants (except
maybe Mormon and Moroni because we don’t know much of their ancestory).
If you consider how many people have been
converted now because of what those men wrote in the Book of Mormon I
am sure it is well into the millions. I try to imagine what Abinadi is
thinking about himself as a missionary when he is being put to death. I
know he was willing to die for the Lord because
of what he says, but I also wonder if he thought he was a complete
missionary failure. That is really funny when you think about how the
church with its millions of members exist because of what he taught
during that shor period of time. Always remember
that you don’t know the affect you are having on people. Some of the
people right now that may be telling you they want to stop studying have
already been affected by what you have taught. One day you will see
how much of a difference even that has made,
but you may never see those people again while you are on your
mission. I don’t know if you know the story of mom a few years ago that
got a call from a girl that thanked her for introducing the gospel to
her. She happened to be at a home where mom was teaching
a discussion to a family that was never baptized. Mom didnt even
remember the girl being there because she was just a young girl, but she
went back to mexico and looked for the missionaries and her and all of
her family was converted. Mom would have never
known if the girl had not been able to find her, but it didn’t change
the fact that it happened. I wonder how many others are out there that
have been touched by our family that we may never know about in this
life.
Well, I have rambled on enough and I know that you have emails to write. I love you soooooo much!!
Love,
Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment