they have halloween here, but they dont do anything with it...
which is sad because i love halloween! so we are throwing our ward a
halloween part, american style haha but the ward is super busy, so its
not till november 11.... but oh well at least they
get a party haha and its been fun to plan for it! it keeps us even more
busy then we already are haha
i love that game! man i miss seminary! so many good memories!
thats really cool that you get to see all those missionaries, that
will be a neat experience im sure! we get to go to the temple on the
14th of november so im excited!!
i forget that people dont have the gospel either and im a
missionary, its crazy because a lot of people in the us have at least a
basic knowledge about god and christ for the most part but here most
people dont, so its been amazing to teach people who
are hearing it for the first time, its a good reminder just how
important it is to be teaching because everyone needs the chance to hear
about it, even if they reject it!
i love you so much and i hope you have a great week and enjoy the temple on halloween!!
Love
Hemenway 자매
On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 2:57 AM, Greg Hemenway <HemenwayGM@ldschurch.org> wrote:
Hi cute missionary girl
So... do they do Halloween over there? If
so - what are they having you do? I am a little sad because Halloween
is on a Tuesday this year which means I am at the temple. We didn’t
think anyone would be there so we were wondering
if they would have some of us not go so we could be with our families,
but they aren’t doing that. We have 2 missions bringing all of there
missionaries that evening. I feel bad for mom to leave her by herself,
but it will be cool to see all of the missionaries
at the temple.
We did “magic shoes” at the seminary this
week. It went pretty well. I am always nervous about how it is going
to go because there is the potential for embarrassment for some students
and injuries if people get dropped. I only
had one person get dropped and everyone wanted to participate. Most of
the classes only got through one time and took about 15 to 20 minutes.
My biggest class (37 students) did it 3 times and got through in 1:28.
It was good to see some of my students that
are struggling really get into it and have people cheering for them.
My class that really struggles didn’t work together very good at first-
even had to start over in the middle, but when they worked together they
did very well. If they would have had a
chance to do it one more time they would have been able to do it pretty
fast.
We covered Jacob 5 in class over a couple of
days. I though a lot of you and how you are one of the laborers in a
distan part of the olive orchard. It is interesting to read that
chapter when you feel a part of the missionary work
that is happening because it all seems to apply to you. I know that
this is the Lord’s work, but sometimes it is easy to get side tracked.
Not by bad things, but just things that aren’t as important. I think
that is why it is important to study the gospel
every day so that we can keep our focus right. I am grateful for what
we have in the gospel and sometimes I forget that others don’t have it.
It is really easy to think that others don’t have it because they
reject it, but most dont have it because they
just don’t know about it. That is our job!!!!
Well sweet girl. I love you and I hope you always know that!!!
Have a great week!!
Love,
Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment