Monday, August 21, 2017

ONE MORE WEEK

daddy!
i cant believe i leave next week!! im freaking out a bit..... or a lot! i dont know enough korean to go speak to actual koreans who speak fast haha but i guess thats okay cause i will learn it eventually... right? haha as long as i keep having the spirit and keep working hard i know heavenly father will be there to fill my mouth. i have loved almost evey moment of the mtc. president oakes was right when he blessed me that i would have joy in the MTC. heavenly father knew i needed the people he put around me. especially my companion and my district. i know i couldnt have done it without all of them. they really have become my family and support system here. im not ready to have to say goodbye to all of them yet, that might be one of the hardest goodbyes ive ever had to do (besides the goodbyes to all of you) but it will be fun to talk to all of them after the mission and we will all actually be able to speak Korean and have so many great stories! 
im sorry you are always so busy, but im glad you still take the time out to go to the temple. ive grown to love the temple so much here. just being able to sit in the celestial room and pray to heavenly father and as bad as this sounds not have to think of Korean for once. the weeks always get super busy and stressful that its always nice to think "if i make it to monday i get to go to the temple and feel that peace again" so i completely understand. 
its funny that you mentioned that our goal is to get the converts to heavenly father. yesterday at a training thing we had one of the things we talk about was METNO (move everyone to the next ordiance) we cant stop at baptism, there is always something next that they need to get to, and even if they are already sealed in the temple we have to always encourage them to take the sacrament every week and just help them stay on the path to make it back to our heavenly father.
love you so much! 
oh and i get to call you guys next monday morning, if you are at work do you want me to call you too? i told mom the times so you can decided what time works better for you guys!
love you
Sister Hemenway 

On Sun, Aug 20, 2017 at 11:11 PM, Greg Hemenway <HemenwayGM@ldschurch.org> wrote:
Wowzer I can't believe you are down to your last week in the MTC.  How has it been?  I know that some really struggle with it there, but I absolutely loved it.  I was only there 3 weeks though so I don't know if that would be the same if I were there longer.  I am so proud of how hard you have worked there.  I know that it has to be difficult, not just being there a long time, but trying to learn a language as difficult as Korean and working on your teaching skills and testimony as well.  Hopefully you are able to balance those as you continue throughout your mission.  Satan will work hard on you to try and get you to focus only on the things that matter the least (even if they are good things) so that you will neglect the things that matter most.  The nice thing is that when your faith begins to struggle, that is the time that you tend to learn the most.  It forces you to ask questions and find answers and I promise that there are always answers.  You don't always have them when you want them, but put in a little faith and the answers will come when they are really needed.  The funny part about that is that sometimes you will feel like you really need them now and will even question if the Lord is hearing you at all, but when the answers come you will be grateful for the timing and what you went through to find the answers.  

This week was really busy.  I didn't get a lot of sleep since I was helping with the other teachers house.  The really frustrating part was we were able to do very little tile. Tomorrow the real tiling begins.  Up until now we have been doing a lot of prep work (both for the tile and just to get stuff done so they can move in).  Hopefully we can get stuff done quickly this week!!!  It has been really nice to have the one day a week to just be in the temple.  I know that there will come a time when I don't get to work there, but I may have to make sure I have one day a week that is my temple day.  I was going to the temple weekly when I was bishop, but I would try to fit it in depending on the week. It is nice to be able to just say, "I can't that day because I am at the temple then."  That will probably need to continue.  I love the temple so much.  Remember that when you are working with people that you are not just trying to get them into the baptismal font, but to the temple - and ultimately back to Heavenly Father.  You see them differently when you see what they can be eternally.  If you are only able to see them, in your mind, coming out of the font, you won't feel the same urgency.  Heavenly Father's goal for them is not just baptism, that is only the first step!!!

Well darling girl, I love you and am so proud of you.  Thanks for being such a good example of what it means to be a servant of the Lord.

Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week Pictures

 Sister Hemenway, Sister Taylor, Sister Ha   Last time with President and Sister Taylor before leaving for the airp...