You are the best!! I can't even
imagine how frustrating things must be there for you. It was about this
time in my stay at the MTC that I was getting ready to leave. All of
my classes were in English and I understood every word and I
was still ready to get out and teach. I can't imagine how hard it
would be to be learning Korean and still have weeks to go. I know the
Lord is watching over you and helping you. I started my new calling
today and got to help with Mission Prep so I got
to talk about you being on your mission. I am so proud of you!!!
I taught an institute class on
Wednesday (and have another one this Wednesday) finishing up the book of
John in the New Testament. It was a great class and I feel like I
learned a lot about the Savior as I prepared. There were quite a
few students there - probably about 40- and the air conditioning was
not working. It was SOOOOOOOO HOT. I told them it was an object lesson
for what eternity would be like had the Savior not done what he did. I
may have talked about you in that class too!!!!
My temple assignement changed this
week too. I now have part of my time where I take those receiving their
own endowments through initiatory (before I had only done it for the
dead). I also have the 7:00 session that I help lead (I am
one of the 2 old guys in the front conducting the session). It has
been fun and I am definitely loving the temple more every time I go. I
really wish I would have understood things more before I went on my
mission. I think it is smart to have a lot of the
younger folk working in the temple to help them understand its
importance before they get old. I am so grateful to have a temple so
close to us!!
I am still madly in love with your
mother (in case you were wondering). Well I suppose I will let you get
back to your missionary things. I love you soooo much!!!
Love,
Dad
oh dad i miss you so much! our choir
director reminds me so much of you its crazy!! the way he tells stories
is exactly the way you tell them haha
yeah im ready to leave the MTC but at
the same time im not ready at all! i think if i left now i would cry
everyday cause i would have no idea what they would be saying haha our
investigators are nice and speak slower for us so we can at
least pick up enough words to answer their questions! yeah times are
tough and i get frustrated with myself, but thats always when heavenly
father answers my prayers and sends me tender mercies. my teachers
always have lessons based on what im feeling and
it allows me to feel peace again!
thats exciting about your new
callings,i wish i would have taken mission prep before i left! make sure
your class knows that missions are SUPER hard and SUPER tiring! i know
everyone always told me they were but i never knew how hard and
tiring they were till i got here. i think im ready to go back to bed an
hour after i wake up. there are tims in devotionals or class were im
stuggling to keep my eyes open haha and ill admit there are times in my
prayers that i fall asleep..... whoops!
we got to clean the temple today and it was so cool! i talked about it in moms email!
i told one of the girls that whenever
we complained that it was hot that you would always ask "do you know who
i think is hot?" and we would say mom, so know whenever i say that its
hot she turns and looks at me and says "how does your
dad think is hot?" haha so dont worry someones doing it for you since
you cant!
love and miss you so much!!!
love
Sister Hemenwway
No comments:
Post a Comment