dang why is Higley getting so big all
of a sudden?!?! i thought most kids were leaving it! but thats good you
guys still have students but man those are huge classes!!! i remember
walking to seminary in the rain, that was the worst haha
but they will get over it! yeah keep having hunter go to mission prep i
wish i went so i knew what i was getting myself into haha
this week wasnt to bad with korean, i
think im starting to get the hang of things (just because i said that
ill struggle with it this week haha) but its nice being able to
understand a lot of what is being said in the lesson and what my
teacher says. doesnt mean i can respond back but i know whats happening
haha i definitely try and remember the good times and try not to focus
on the times when i get discouraged otherwise i have long days haha
make sure you remember the good times
so when your students annoy you you wont get frustrated haha but i agree
this week feels like it was 6 months!
love you so much and hope this week is better!!
love
sister hemenway
On Sun, Jul 30, 2017 at 8:48 PM, Greg Hemenway <HemenwayGM@ldschurch.org> wrote:
Dearest Sister Hemenway,
Another week has come and gone. This
one felt like it took about 6 months!! We were a little concerned with
numbers in seminary because the school had sent over what they had the
previous Friday and we were afraid we wouldn't have enough
students for the part time teacher to teach all of his classes (he was
supposed to have 3). After the first couple of days though it was clear
we would have plenty!!! (We actually have about 40 more than we were
planning). We have a couple of classes with
only around 20 students, but most of the classes are about 36 (which is
the amount of desks we have in the rooms). I even have one class of 38
so we have to bring in a couple of extra desks. Apparently Higley is
growing a lot right now. They ran out of
parking spots and are trying to work it out with the Church to use part
of our parking lot. We will see how that goes!!
It was weird not teaching Sunday
school today. I did get set apart as a mission prep teacher today so
that was good. Hunter has been going with me every week. I think it
will be good. I have never taught mission prep so it will definitely
be a learning experience for me. It was nice sitting by mom in gospel
doctrine.
We got a lot of rain this last week
and we are supposed to get more rain this week. I felt really bad for
for the seminary students because it poured hard for the first couple of
classes on the first day of school. You could see it on
the faces of the freshman girls that all of their hard work getting
ready for the first day of school had gone to waste. They looked like
they had just taken a shower with their clothes on. I don't think they
were really excited for seminary that day. Hopefully
it will get better.
Well, I love you and am proud of you.
Don't give up no matter how much you will feel like it at times. The
good times always seem to make you forget about the tough times, but
during the tough times it sure makes you question why you
are doing what you are doing. I can't even imagine trying to learn
Korean, but I promise the Lord will keep helping you. I hope you have
the best week!!!!
Love,
Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment